Friday, February 1, 2013

Day Off

After a busy month in January, it is nice to start February with a little break.  My next rotation starts on Monday, so I intend to take this day O-F-F.  (I debated turning off my pager completely, but I have a needy OB patient who is due, and I'd feel bad to spring her on any of my covering staff if she comes in today... again... but for real this time.)
 
I started the day by sleeping in.  Out of bed at 6:20AM.  That's pretty late, huh?  But, considering for the past four weeks I've been at the hospital by then, it felt pretty refreshing.  And, with my next rotation in St. Paul, there won't be much sleeping in for the next few weeks either.  Also, being the morning person I am, it also gave me an hour to myself as the boys slept in, too.  Three out of five days of Bible study were done before the first bedroom door creaked open and bare feet pattered toward me sitting at the dining room table.
 
The goals for the day are intentionally few.  Breakfast.  Bible study.  Blog.  Run an errand to the bank, and Owen requested we go to the library which sounds good to me as I'm in need of another book on tape for my month of commuting.  Maybe a shower.  Maybe plan meals for next month.  And if I'm really bored maybe some cleaning or studying during nap time.
 
The things I won't be doing today include: clinic notes, t.v., Facebook, or this stupid "BubbleGame" I've been addicted to lately.  I'm not about to waste this perfect this day.
 
It's going to be a great day off!
 
(I was going to include a photo of the three of us with our bedheads this morning, but I can't find the SD card for the camera.  You'll have to use your imagination of what a little boy with long dark hair, another little boy with thin light hair, and me look like in the morning.  And, add "find SD card" on the goals for today.)

No comments:

Post a Comment