Saturday, June 29, 2013

They're Done...

... And I'm not.

This is the completion of another official resident year on the calendar.  Several of my classmates are no longer residents, and starting Monday, July 1, will be real live doctors, or chiefs, or fellows!  Congratulations are in order.

For me, thanks to some handsome little boys at home, July 1 is not going to be so significant.  Although I still feel that I learned more about being doctor, how to relate to patients, and normal newborn development during maternity leave it actually doesn't count toward the requirements for me to graduate.  Therefore, I still have two and half months of training before they'll cut me lose into.  Still, October is not that far away, and I will admit that I still have a lot to learn.  The cool thing about being a doctor is that will always be true.  God made human anatomy and physiology so awesome, complex, and perfect I don't think we humans will ever have it mastered.

Despite that, there comes a time that enough training is enough training.  So, here's to those of you who made it through the last seven years since we all met at med school orientation.  No one else will ever know what you've been through or what you've sacrificed.  You've made it.  Enjoy it.  You earned it!

Hopefully, soon, I'll join you in the "real world."


On a side note, one good thing about me not finishing yet is that I still get to blog.  :)

1 comment:

  1. you'll just have to start a new blog this fall. I hope you do as I enjoy reading what goes on in your life and practice :)

    ReplyDelete