Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The Things I Hate About Our Rental


  • it's a rental
  • the bathroom with the broken toilet seat, touchy outlet, & loud fan-light combination
  • the fact that we can only use half of our master closet because the doors won't slide
  • stained carpet (yes, I vacuumed... last week)
  • the garage fit for a Mini Cooper
  • the kitchen without a dishwasher, oven, or cabinets that close normally
  • the basement flood whenever you do more than one sink full of dishes
  • whiskey-themed-horse-shoe coat rack screwed into the living room wall
  • random light switch in the hall, off center can lights, & 2-day half-life of light bulbs in the dining room light fixture
  • Jimmy Hoffa's dirt mound in the backyard

Yes, I am grateful for a roof over our head, and there several things I actually do like about this house.  Still, it is more fun when I'm having a moment of discontentment to dwell and the negatives instead.

It doesn't help that we are in the process of looking for a new house, too.  Unfortunately, the home shopping process has been almost as frustrating as staying in this tiny, old rental.  The only house I've loved was already sold, so now my expectations are high and inventory is low.

Thus, here I am, stuck on Arthur street.  However, considering our first apartment was 400 sq ft, and our last house was 800, I think I can live with (or in) it for a little while longer.

1 comment:

  1. did you see the for sale by owner just a few blocks east of you on anna? Looks like it has some potential for swooning you. Something great will come up. We lost our 'first love' home too, but the one we got is just as wonderful.

    ReplyDelete