Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Date Night

Last night was a special night.  In nearly 12 years, last night was the first time I'd been on a date with someone other than Jason.  And Jason had been watch out because my little date was handsome!


Daddy-Daughter dates are sweet, a good way to build a relationship, and a great way teach a girl what to expect from a boy.  However, with three sons, we had to make a few adjustments.  Mommy-Son dates were created.  The goal is to spend some one-on-one time having fun and at the same time teach our boys how to treat a lady.

Owen is only 3 (and a half, if you ask him), but I was surprised how much he took to it.  He was a little man.  He got cleaned up and put on "man smell."  He held my hand.  He opened the door.  He used his manners.  He learned not to take girls to the "yellow M" for dinner.  He shared his popcorn at the movie.  And he even paid the "big money."  

I even got a little nervous.  What would we talk about?  What if he didn't like the movie?  What if he said or asked me something embarrassing?  Was my outfit appropriate?  Would he stare at that hair that was out of place?  They were the same questions I remember having when I was in high school.  Weird!  Girls never change.

It turned out to be a great night, and Owen is already looking forward to our next date.  Hopefully, he'll still have the same excitement when he's 13.

I have to say though... the best part of the night was the goodnight kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment