Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Yo Yo


Red.  Shiny.  Round.  It's a yo-yo.  It goes up and down, and back and forth.  Unless, that is, it's on my finger, because in that case it just goes down and stays down.

Lately (or maybe longer than that), it seems like there is a string wrapped around my waist and I'm spinning up and down and back and forth.  

Good days.  Bad days.  
Confident.  Insecure.  
Happy.  Grumpy.  
Sure.  Unsure.
Stay.  Go.  
Healthy.  Lazy.
Planned.  Disorganized.
Submissive.  Independent.
Early bird.  Night owl.
Trustworthy.  Gossip.
Strict.  Care-free.
Rent.  Buy.
Clean.  Sloppy.
Gracious.  Selfish.
Polished.  Disheveled.  
Housewife.  Career woman.

It's like a rapid-cycling bipolar patient.  Maybe, ADHD.  Sometimes I drive myself crazy.  It's exhausting.  One of these days it'd be nice to hang out on the "up" for a little while longer.

Rest assured, I know who is ultimately the one holding the string, and thankfully, it's not me!

(And, no, it's not Yo-Yo Ma either, but when I googled "yo yo" his picture came up, and it made me smile.  What a name: Yo-Yo Ma!  Even if he is Chinese, I can't imagine there are a lot of other "Yo Yo's" out there.  Well, except me figuratively speaking.  I guess you could call me Yo-Yo Mae.)


No comments:

Post a Comment