Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Newman Expansion

Becoming "The Newmans"
- 7/31/04
Owen's Birthday - 12/13/09
Griffin's Birthday - 7/5/11
Jordan's Birthday - 5/10/13

After having two exciting, dramatic deliveries Jordan's was uneventful.  That is if you consider it uneventful to be awake and numb for the 20 minutes it takes to have a perfectly formed human cut out of your body, be put back together, and then go home two days later.

In the weeks prior, my heart had been set on going into labor on my own and then having a "natural" delivery.  I thought the chance was slim to none of making it to my scheduled C-section day just 3 days from my due date.  Even on the morning of my scheduled day, just hours before going to the hospital, I thought there was still a chance my water would break.  Obviously, it didn't.


They took me back to the operating room shortly after 8:00 and Jordan was born at 8:49.  Jason was at my side taking pictures in his scrubs and surgical mask.  Behind the drape I chatted with Dr. Johnson and Dr. Haake about daycare as the sewed me back together.  Although it didn't hurt, I could still feel each step of the procedure.  It was odd to know exactly what they were seeing and doing from the countless times I'd been on that side of the drape with the exception that this time it was inside my body.
Griffin

Owen
Jordan

Seeing my 8 pound 1 ounce Jordan for the first time was awesome.  My first thought was how much he looked like Owen as a newborn.  He was definitely a Newman boy.  Telling everyone his name now that we could see his face, seemed perfect.  Also, the smile on Jason's face and the fact that I couldn't peel my son out of his arms was priceless, too.

The next two days the boys, family, and friends were able meet our little Jordy.  And despite just having surgery I was actually feeling better than I ever expected.  I was up moving around within a day and was anxious to go by Mother's Day morning.  For some reason, this was much different that my previous C-section with Griffin.

At home, things have been pretty smooth as well.  It has helped that the two older boys have been spending A LOT of time at Grandma Rose's.  However, even when we are all together, Owen and Griffin have been sweet.  Owen is quick to ask for "Baby Jordy" and has surprised me by asking several times if he can hold his baby brother.  Griffin has been Griffin.  He probably could care less, but he does enjoying pointing out that Jordan has a nose and likes another excuse to stand on his step stool to look into the crib.  Imagining these three guys growing up together makes me smile.  It is going to be loud, hilarious, and never dull.

No comments:

Post a Comment